Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Season 3 – Episode 7 – Act V

“So you what, you like toured around the school telling everybody I’m gay?” asked Nick with a frown.
    “Not everybody, just the group.  What, like it’s a secret?” asked Karine innocently.
    “Well yeah, Karine, exactly.  It’s up to me to tell people, not you.”
    “Why?  Isn’t it easier now?  Why not let information spread organically?”  Karine felt that this was a valid question and she hoped Nick wasn’t seriously mad at her.  Terry seemed amused by their exchange and ate his lunch with a smirk.
    “No!  ‘Cause like, then the guys on the team are gonna find out and I don’t want them to.”
    “Oh my god, Nick, no one cares!  Seriously, it’s 2013, people don’t give a shit about stuff like that.  I mean we don’t live in fucking Alabama or some shit!”
    “No one cared?” he asked, perhaps a bit offended.
    “God, Cerise didn’t even care that her stalker is gay.”
    Terry perked up at this news, predictably.  “Really?  I gotta say I’d prob’ly be a bit skeeved if like, Vani turned out to be gay.”
    “Why?” asked Nick.  “Why would it matter?  Tons of chicks you don’t dig have crushed on you.  Why is it different if it’s a guy?”
    “’Cause even the ugliest chick, I mean, I’d still do her if like, you know, desert island and shit.  But a guy?  I dunno.” 
Nick was obviously annoyed by this news and Karine was surprised he was being so upfront about his feelings on the matter.
Terry sighed.  “Oh come on, I have to be on like gay alert now?  I can’t be a bit skeeved by the idea of a guy being into me?”
    “So you’d freak if I said I had a thing for you?”
    “I guess.”
    “Ok, I won’t mention it then,” Nick said with a smirk.
    “Ok, cool,” smiled Terry and they both chuckled.
    Seriously?  Did Terry even realize he was flirting with Nick?  It seemed pretty obvious to Karine that Nick really did have a crush on Terry, after all, who wouldn’t?  But to what degree was Terry in denial about it? Or was he perhaps indifferent?  If he could joke around with Nick about it, was he actually skeeved by the idea of Vani being into him?  Wasn’t he be secretly flattered, even a little bit?  Karine had to admit that she was a tad annoyed to find out Cerise’s stalker was gay.  How many freaking people would turn out to be into Cerise?  For the millionth time Karine tried to figure out what was so special about that stupid cherry and came up with nothing.
In any cause, it was gonna be fun to have a gay friend.  They had to find Nick a boyfriend.  Karine suggested it and Nick immediately protested, claiming he could find his own prospects.
    “Bullshit.  If you could, then you wouldn’t be so hard-up,” said Terry.
    “What about the guys in the Queer Collective?” asked Karine.
    “Ehh, not my type.  They’re all like Kirk from Glee.”
    “So what’s your type then?” Karine went on.  “Guys like Terry?”
    “Shut up.”  Nick rolled his eyes.  “But I mean, I guess, yeah, in the sense of like, athletic you know?  I don’t wanna go to the theatre, I wanna go to games.”
    “What’s wrong with theatre?” pouted Karine.
    “You know what I mean.”
    “Have you ever had a boyfriend?” she asked.
    “I guess not,” shrugged Nick.  “I mean I’ve done stuff with guys.  Like a couple times I went to gay bars and just like made out and stuff and a couple times…” he trailed off.
    “A couple times what?” prompted Karine.
    “You wanna hear this shit?” Nick asked, the question obviously directed at Terry.
    “I’m not gonna spontaneously combust if I hear about dudes fucking,” smirked Terry. 
    “Well we didn’t fuck exactly,” shrugged Nick.  “I mean, just oral, handjobs, stuff like that.”
    “So why not go the extra mile, or like, inch?” asked Karine with a grin.
    “I dunno,” he shrugged, looking down at the remnants of his lunch.  “I mean we were in clubs.  It’s wasn’t like romantic or anything.  Not like a real relationship.”
    “So you don’t just want hook-ups, you want the real deal?”
    “Yeah, I guess.” 
    Poor Nick.  If only he could find a gay version of Terry.  If only Karine could find a straight version of Terry.  If only Terry weren’t so fucking obsessed with his stupid Cherry angel.
    “Yeah,” Nick went on with more conviction.  “I guess I want what you and Cerise had,” he said to Terry.  “I mean she wasn’t just a chick you fucked, you like, liked her.  She was a friend as well as a girlfriend.  I want that.  I want someone I’m into that I can actually hang out with.  All the guys in the Collective, they’re boring.  And all the guys at clubs, they’re old or they’re way too into themselves.  How do I find someone worth being with?”
    “It’s impossible!” Karine exclaimed.  “There are no cool guys out there!  They’re all assholes or just boring as shit or they’re little weasely fuck-nuts who like, dump their girlfriends ‘cause they’re afraid of getting beat up.  God, I’m so glad I never hooked up with Jay.”
    “I feel bad for Cerise,” nodded Nick.  “I mean she had this great relationship with this great guy but then he dumped her ‘cause he was all Jealous McEnvypants and then she gets together with the fuck-up her guy was jealous of, only to have him shit all over her too.  I wonder why Jay even got together with her in the first place.  He was so obviously never into her.”
    “Seriously, what a dick move,” agreed Karine.  She had to admit even Cherry angel didn’t deserve to be treated so badly.
    They looked at Terry, who sat there scowling and grinding his jaw.  Without even saying a word he got up and walked away.  Nick and Karine looked at each other quizzically.
    “So you’re into him, aren’t you?” she asked.
    “Jay?”
    “No, moron, Terry.”
    “Nah, he’s a good guy and he’s undeniably hot, but I want someone who wants me.”
    “Yeah, me too.”
    “Tons of guys want you.”
    “But I don’t want them!  All the guys of the universe suck!” she insisted.
    “I know!”

    “How come kung-fu movies aren’t a thing anymore?” asked Jay as he kicked at the hardened snow on the ground.  It was so freaking cold lately.  He hated having to wait for the bus like this, though he supposed the ride home wasn’t as bad as the ride to school, which was always super early in the morning.  At least all his classes finished early enough that he could go home while it was still light out.  Karine always had rehearsal at night and had to wait at this stop when it was even more freezing. 
    “They’re still a thing,” insisted Karl.  “They have them every year at the Fantasia fest.” 
Karl seemed to be the only person in line who wasn’t freezing to death.  Of course, he was the only one wearing a hat and mitts and boots but still, he didn’t have to be so smug about it.  Everytime Jay or Willy or Vani complained about the cold he’d yell at them for being umprepared for winter and rant about how it’s January and it’s supposed to be cold and blah blah blah.  He could be so annoying.  Sometimes it was better just to suffer in silence.
    Jay pulled his collar up around his face and responded with a muffled voice. “I’m supposed to wait ‘till summer to see one?  Besides, I hate that fest, the seats suck.”
    “So just fucking download the movies then, you fucking ‘tard bucket!”
    “Fine!  When we get to my place you can download some shit and we can watch one.”
    “But we’re supposed to game,” insisted Vani.  “We haven’t gamed in like forever!”
    “What are you talking about?  We gamed at lunch,” said Willy.  “Now that everyone hates us we game all the time.”
    “Indeed,” nodded Karl.  “I must say a happy side effect of Jay’s fucking up our social lives is that we have made great strides in the Santimbanco campaign.”
    Jay wished the guys wouldn’t speak openly about the game when in public.  There were tons of people in this bus line, including some cute girls but of late Karl and Vani seemed to have forgotten that their secret shame was supposed to be a secret.
    “I still wish it was the way it used to be,” sighed Vani.  “Hey, speak of the devil!”
    Jay looked up to see Terry Trebinotevenwearingacoatsky striding towards them purposefully.
    “Hey Terry!” beamed Vani.  “I hear Nick’s gay now.  Is he like macking on you and… uh, I think Terry’s here for you, Jay.”
    Terry Trebicheeksgettingallblotchyeitherfromthecoldorfromrage loomed over Jay.  “I didn’t think it was possible for me to hate you any more than I already did, Harris.  But congratulations.  You’ve managed to make things even worse.”
    “Uh,” Jay stammered, looking up at Terry Trebisuperangrysky’s eyes, which were narrowed into little green slits.
    “What the fuck is wrong with you anyway?”
    “Um, is this about Cerise?” Jay dared to ask.
    “Never say her name!  Don’t even fucking look at her!”
Terry Trebibrutesky lunged forward and Jay couldn’t help but recoil.  He stepped backwards and stumbled on the frozen snow but caught himself before falling.  The guys snickered and Terry Trebicompletegoonsky smirked with satisfaction. 

Cum 2 back door bus stop trust me worth it.
           
Cerise was pretty sure Willy had never texted her before and she was intrigued.  Since she was in Casgrain it only took a second to walk to the back door.  She was half-way there when she realized she should have grabbed her coat since it was no doubt freezing outside but maybe Willy could come inside to tell her whatever he wanted to say.  Oh god, hopefully he didn’t want to ask her out or something.  He was being kind of flirty with her lately, which was gross, but thankfully she was avoiding all the guys and only had to contend with the occasional Facebook message.
She climbed a flight of stairs and stopped when she got to the back door.  All the guys were there, waiting in line for the bus and Terry was standing in front of Jay.  She couldn’t hear what they were saying and wasn’t sure she wanted to.

“What the fuck?  I didn’t even do anything!”  Jason Harris and his stupid hair exclaimed. 
Oh seriously?  That’s how he was gonna play this?  Like he wasn’t the biggest piece of shit ever?  Like he hadn’t completely fucked over Cerise, who’d always been way too good for him, whom he’d always taken for granted and treated like shit. 
“You don’t even fucking get it, do you?  You don’t even know what you had.  You just shit all over everything, don’t you!?”  Terry knew he was making a fool of himself, yelling in front of all these randos, in front of the guys, but he couldn’t help it.  Jason Harris seriously needed to understand how badly he’d fucked up.
He just wanted to punch the little snivelly shit in the face.  But he knew he couldn’t.  Violence wasn’t the answer, or whatever the fuck bullshit Cerise would say if she were here.  Terry tried to calm himself down, tried to remember that only a loser would try to solve a problem with his fists.  He turned and started walking back to the school.
“God, whatever, fuck… fuck you,” Jason Harris spat out.
Terry spun around and lunged at Jay, his hand flying out before he could stop it.  It caught Jay square in the nose.  Jay screamed and cradled his face as he fell backwards and landed on his ass with a thud.  Blood spurted everywhere, making all the dirty snow red.  Jay’s jacket was dark blue, too dark to show the stains, but his hands were completely covered in blood and a pool was developing under his face, between his knees.  Shit.  Holy fucking shit.  Terry froze, no idea how to react.  He had to stay in control, to act like this was all part of his plan.
“If you ever hurt her again I’ll break more than just your nose,” he said insistently. 
He met Vani’s eyes, who looked shocked but maybe also amused.  Willy was full-on laughing and Karl was on the ground, holding tissues up to Jay’s nose.  Jay tried to push him away but Karl told him not to be a pussy and to get up ‘cause they had to go to a hospital.  Terry knew none of them had cars.  He knew he should offer to drive but fuck, he had to stand his ground.  And seriously, Jay deserved what he’d gotten.

Holy fucking shit.  Jay sat in the snow, his face bleeding profusely and Terry just turned around and stomped back towards the school.  Cerise bolted, running upstairs so he wouldn’t see her when he walked in.  She ducked behind a wall and listened as the door opened and slammed shut.  Footsteps got fainter as Terry presumably walked downstairs.  Holy fucking shit.

“Well I guess you were right to be afraid of him,” said Vani as he and Karl led Jay inside. 
“I was never afraid of him!” Jay managed to say, his voice strangled.  It hurt to talk.  It hurt to breathe.  It hurt so fucking much!  He couldn’t even believe what had just happened.  He hadn’t even been afraid of Terry Trebiwhateverthefuck! 
“Well I guess you should have been,” snickered Willy.

No comments:

Post a Comment